The City of Bastrop Fire Department is looking for dedicated men or women to serve the community by being a volunteer firefighter. We are looking for personnel who have a desire to serve and are willing to give of their time to help the community and the visitors to our city. The Bastrop Fire
Department is a combination department responsible for providing fire
protection services to over 9,000 residents in the 9 square miles of the
City limits. The department has 2 fire stations that run an average of 1200 calls annually. Bastrop Fire Department promotes fire prevention and education, responds to fire, medical, and rescue calls.
The full-time members supplement the 15 plus volunteer members who serve our community day and night. We will provide the opportunity for training and certifications for this adventure. Do you qualify?
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid Drivers License, with no major violations
- An acceptable criminal history
- Be in good physical health and able to carry heavy objects
- Be willing to obtain a CPR/AED/First Aid certification
- Act in a professional manner at all times
- Abide by department and city policies
- Be willing to get up in the middle of the night to help ANYONE