- I hereby plead NO CONTEST to the attached moving traffic citation and request that the Court defer proceedings in my case so that I may complete an approved driving safety course, present a Certificate of Completion and copy of my driving record, and have the Court dismiss my case.
- I have a valid Texas Driver's License or Permit, or U.S. Military Active Duty.
- I was not charged with speeding 25 miles per hour or more over the posted limit.
- I have not completed a driving safety course within 1 year of the date I received the citation.
- I swear I am not taking a driving safety course nor completed one that is not yet reflected on my driving record.
- I understand that I must provide proof of financial responsibility (Liability Insurance) to the Court with this request.
- I further understand that this form must be signed, notarized, and sent to the correct office with the fee by the due date on my citation to be eligible for defensive driving.
**NOTE** HOLDERS OF CDL LICENSE ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR DEFENSE DRIVING OR DEFERRED DISPOSITION WHETHER THE DRIVER WAS IN A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE OR IN A PERSONAL VEHICLE.
Effective January 1st, 2020, court cost for defensive driving have changed.
Traffic Citation ...............................$144.00
Contact the Court if you have any questions.