(Ordinance 2008 - 10)
Beginning April 1, 2008 all dogs being kept inside the City must have an animal license.
Click Here for Animal Registration Form
Please print, fill in and submit to:
Animal Services / City of Bastrop Police Dept.
104 Grady Tuck Lane, Bastrop, Texas.
You must bring the items requested on the form with your registration fee.
- Chaining or tethering of dogs is prohibited unless the owner remains in visual proximity of the animal at all times.
- All Outdoor enclosures used as primary living area for dogs must have at least 100 square feet of living space for each dog six (6) months of age or older.
- Enclosures used to keep (4) or more dogs must be kept at least 50 feet away from your neighbor's residence.
- A person may not keep an animal inside a vehicle in a manner in which the animal's health or life is endangered by high temperature, low temperature, or inadequate ventilation.
- A person may not transport an animal in an open bed of a vehicle unless the animal is located in a properly vented enclosure or properly secured to prevent the animal from falling or jumping out or otherwise being injured.
- Prohibits dogs from being left outdoors during times of extreme weather conditions. Below 32 degrees Fahrenheit or when a heat advisory has been issued by a local or state authority, or when a hurricane, tropical storm, or tornado warning has been issued.
All animal ordinances are enforced through the courts and are subject to fines up to $500 for each offense.